|flattened the workbench a little|
After I was done with that and I had managed to cut myself twice, I looked around for something else to do. I came up with this. I put my wooden jointer back into action along with old salty for a partial workbench flattening exercise.
This is only after about 15-20 minutes work with both planes. There are a few low spots but the majority looks to be the same. I have seen workbenches much worse than mine. The back is the tricky spot. It's about 1/8" higher than the bench top so I still have to take it down some more.
|all the lamp parts sans the glass|
|oops have to re-do it|
I was able to shave it to get the cuts back to 45 but now it was a tad too short. I had made the errant over cut on the long piece. If it had been the short one I could have salvaged it. FYI - cherry doesn't stretch no matter how hard you pull on it.
|new clock dial|
And I have been running through my mind making a stool or high chair. This itch started again when I read a recent blog by Sir Chris on saddling a chair seat.